I'm not really sure where I will end up working. I have been visiting a few different cities to try and get a feel for them. Several people kept telling me that I needed to check out Rotterdam. Last week I finally decided to listen. Ezra agreed to be my tour guide for the day.
Rotterdam is a lot newer than most of the Netherlands. It has funky architecture and a very modern feel. We wandered through downtown and then headed towards the Euromast (see picture below).
It is kind of like the Stratosphere in Vegas (without the crazy rides). You take an elevator ride up and then you get an awesome birds eye view of the city.
It had been a beautiful, sunny day...until we got to the top of the tower. All of a sudden clouds blew in and it started pouring! We waited it out for about 20 minutes and then decided to just brave the storm.
After a 15 minute tram ride the storm had blown over and the sun came out again. Crazy right? Hard to imagine that nasty weather blowing over so quickly. But believe it. Blow over it did. That is Holland for you. You never know what the weather is going to be like so you just have to dress in layers.
We ate Turkish Pizza and Baklava and wandered through the city. Ezra served his mission in Utah so it was fun to talk to someone who has spent some time in the states. We laughed a lot about funny Dutch and American quirks. I can't decide which has more of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment