Monday, July 18, 2011

Embrace The Wet Look

I like the rain.  I think that it is pretty and smells nice.  Except for when it isn't and it doesn't.  Like this past week for example.  I went to the temple and was therefore wearing a skirt.  I straightened my hair before I looked out the window: Bad idea #1.  I opened the door and the wind pulled my skirt over my head.  Awesome.  Hope you enjoyed it boys!  By the time I got to the tram stop I was totally soaked.  I huddled in the corner of the tram stop next to a mom and her kids.  Rain doesn't fall straight here, it falls sideways, as in horizontally, as in NO umbrella can save you.   


After the temple I went straight to Wendy's except that I didn't.  I had to wait at the bus stop for a half hour.  I was trying to hold my umbrella in front of me as a shield but every time a car drove by it caused a change of pressure that sucked my umbrella inside out, pulled the rain in and swirled my wet frizz hair into my mouth.  The bus finally got there, the driver took one look at me and literally laughed in my face.  That is how hot I looked. 

I went to what I thought was a train station which ended up only being a place where you could catch two different trams heading in two different directions.  It was still raining sideways.  I was trying to read the signs, talk to Wendy on the phone and hold my umbrella.  I had to run up and over a bridge, twice to try and figure out what side I wanted (while talking to Wendy on the phone, holding my umbrella and my skirt and my tram card).  My skirt was soaking wet and weighed about 10 pounds.  Even with the water weight it still flew up and slapped me across my face.  So cool.  More like freezing.  As I was running back and forth over this bridge, frantically reading departure times (with my umbrella flipping inside out) I couldn't help but wish that I could have been  some else watching me.  I would have laughed.  Loud.  I may have even tried to take a picture.  Except that I couldn't because it was me.

After all that I still ended up taking the wrong tram.  It took forever to get to Wendy's.  Did I mention I was wet?  Did I mention that it was cold?  But it was worth it.  Wendy and I had a blast.

After rain and wind storms like we've had, the trash cans look a bit like this:




It doesn't matter how nice of an umbrella you have.  They all meet their fate in the same way during the same storm.  Save your Euro's, embrace the wet look.  Be the wet look.

No comments:

Post a Comment