The weather was too beautiful to stay inside. We biked to a store, picked up some snacks and headed to a park...where I was able to again feel like a kid again. Hanging up upside down used to be so much easier! A blame it on the second raisin bread roll...and a few other "rolls." Here is the awkward play by play: I really did think I was stuck and that my shorts were going to rip.
Then Karina pulled out some tricks. She was way more daring than I had been. She flipped all the way around it. Yes. She did.
Then Lara and I ran around the park (more like she ran around and I followed slower) and played with the camera. Beautiful Lara. She loves to dress up like a princess and walk around on her tippy-toes. She sings like an angel. She is OCD when it comes to organization and placement. Even beautiful, graceful Lara likes to be silly: thank goodness!
We were worn out. It is sad when days like this have to end. Normally this is the bike that I ride. It's a tad too tall but dropping the seat can be such a pain. I figure that having to stand on my toes everytime I stop will only do good things for my legs. Bring on the burn baby.
Speaking of the burn: Meet Karina's primary mode of transportation. Keep in mind that she sometimes has four kids in that box.
I've always known that she is tough. I just didn't realize how tough until I rode her bike home with only 2 kids in it (mind you, the two youngest kids). Talk about feeling the burn.
See that white pole thingy sticking out of the front? Know what it is? "It's a lance. Hello." Daniel, that one was for you. You totally made it into my blog twice today. You feelin' the love that I'm sendin? So this "lance" is actually the pole to a coat rack. See the elephant tusks inside? That is just the top. I tell you what, the Dutch have to get creative when trying to move stuff. But seriously, it was scary. I was terrified that I was going to go over a bump and stab the oncoming traffic with my lance. That would have been cool but not at the same time...Maybe that stuff is only cool if you are wearing armor.
No comments:
Post a Comment