February: All she needs to do is take her socks off and she'd have Feminists Everywhere Screaming Their Heads Off. But I love it. I love how pregnant she is. I love her smile and her sass...despite her forward hugeness. This was taken less than a week before she headed to the hospital...for the last time that is. Mixed in with all the beautiful moments, Megs pregnancy was at times long, uncomfortable and a little scary. She'd had enough. She went to the gym and jumped (probably not so gracefully) onto a treadmill. A few hours later she was in the hospital delivering sweet Addison Paige Dompier.
Isn't she Beautiful? Perfect? An Angel? Yes, yes and yes.
Here is the Happy Daddy. Daddy. My Little Brother is a Daddy!
Is it even humanly possible not to do a two-handed heart clutch and sigh when you look at this picture?
It has been such a gift to be here and watch Megan and Daniel become parents. I'd say that they've taken to it like ducks to water but who really wants to be compared to a duck? Not me. Nope. But it seems like it has been such a natural transition for them. I love watching them watch her. Watching them celebrate her little milestones. Watching them snuggle her. Watching them work together to meet her needs. Watching them learn and discover.
Their kisses never run out for Addi. Their family has grown in miraculous ways, and not just in size. I am so happy for them. Sometimes I can't help but cry when I see where life has taken them (In case I need to clarify here, those are happy tears).
MaaMa and Papa couldn't be happier to have another grandbaby to hold and to spoil.
How personal should personal blogs get? We all have THAT Friend who posts information that we wish we could somehow unread. TMI is possible. But I am going to take a chance here and hope it isn't too personal. The only people who have this blog address are personal friends and family so I guess it is safe to say that I am in a Safe Zone here...
As I mentioned above, Addi has been a blessing in a million and one ways. One of those ways was unexpected for me. Maybe it is the fact that heaven comes to earth with little babies. Maybe it is because I have gotten to spend so much time with my new niece. Maybe it has been my time observing Megan and Daniel together with Addi. Whatever brought it on, this perfect little miracle created a miracle in me.
I love my life. I'm okay with the fact that I am 28 and single because I feel like I am living the life that Heavenly Father wants me to. I have met amazing people and have seen beautiful places. I have experienced and laughed and loved and lived. I don't really have many regrets.
I have never been Anti-Marriage. It has always been a goal of mine to someday get married and have a family. But now, I feel like it is a true desire. Something that I long for. Not in a "I'm so depressed that I'm not" sort of way. Just a happy hope for the future. More intense than it has ever been. I don't know if that necessarily changes anything...just gives me more...I don't know just...more.
I am so grateful for Baby Addison and the sweet spirit that she has brought into our home. She inspires me to do and be better. I love that our family keeps growing. I love being an aunt. I love loving someone so much!







No comments:
Post a Comment