January: Mom, Dad and I drove down to St. George for the day. We went and walked the Temple Quarry Trail. As noted above but in case you didn't read the sign... (Shame on you. What if it said DANGER! Certain Death Ahead!!): The lava rocks were used for the foundation and basement walls for the St. George Temple. It was a beautiful day.
You can still see a bunch of the marks on the rocks where they drove in stakes to bust them apart. I am so grateful for the hard work and sacrifice of the early pioneers. Because of them it went from this:
To this:
I love the temple. It is beautiful inside and out. It is where I have discovered who I really am and what my true potential is. I have found answers within its walls. I have found peace. I have discovered what real joy is.
Frozen Yogurt. Is there a better way to end a hike? I dare you to disagree!







No comments:
Post a Comment