Friday, May 9, 2014

WWFHE

Palm Sunday: Niki really wanted to have a special evening with the kids to talk about why it was such
an important day.

 

The girls put clothes and blankets on the floor and waved palm branches as Tobias (the donkey) arrived with Hyrum on his back.  It was one of those looked forward to but roughly executed events.  The girls got a little (a lot) crazy with their palm waving and kept whacking the boys.  Hyrum had a poopy diaper and the girls were fighting.  Niki was trying to read from the scriptures and teach through all the screaming.  Oh and did I mention that Kayla broke the tree to get the palm branches off?  And did I mention that Niki had just repaired said tree?

It was totally sacrilegious of me but I may have laughed through it all. 

Mom and Dad Bradford are awesome examples of doing as God has instructed even when it is hard.  Even when things don't go as smoothly as they would like.  They call FHE: WWFHE.  They have family prayer and scripture study even though someone is usually smacking someone else or someone is laughing or crying or running around in circles or eating yogurt off the floor etc.  They keep doing it.  And that is what I admire most.
 

I know that something gets through somehow and that they will all be rewarded for their faithfulness.  For their obedience.  For enduring to the end.  I hope that I can apply what I have observed them do so beautifully.  Everyday consistency.  Way to go Bradfords.  Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment