Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mordor (Part 2)

When I left my house with my rescuers the back patio looked like this:


And so naturally I was wondering what the big deal was.  How could this much snow (this NOT much snow) cause so many problems?  But then I went to Angel Family's house and this is what it looked like in their neck of the woods:





School, work and pretty much anything that required you to leave your house was cancelled for a week.  A WEEK!  The Bradford's made me feel safe and welcome.  I had only anticipated staying one night but as the one day stretched into two and then seven something really great happened.  What I had first thought was the worst luck ever (being slammed with the worlds worst storm in a foreign country, losing the power and thinking I might freeze to death or electrocuted and then frozen...) ended up being the worlds greatest blessing.  You really get to know people when you are trapped with them for seven straight days.  It was beautiful.  It was magical.

Christmas music played non-stop.  We baked and ate Christmas treats non-stop.  We had a Harry Potter marathon...all snuggled up on the giant bean bag.  We talked and laughed and bonded.  It was such a gift to be in a home filled with three kids who instantly loved me (mainly because I brought a dog with me) and I instantly loved them.  It was a gift to feel an instant bond with Nikki and Tobias.  They are amazing people who have raised an amazing family.  They are some of the most generous people I have ever met.  Kindness oozes (yes oozes) out of them.  That week was full of adventurs and fun.  Here is a glimpse:

Making sugar cookies!


Sledding down the frozen, icy roads on cookie sheets because no one owns a sled in Jordan.


Building a snowman and then having a massive snowball fight.
.

I am so grateful for the good people that Heavenly Father places in our path.  I am so grateful that He is sometimes willing to move heaven and earth (and really big, really full clouds) in order for our paths to cross with theirs.  I am grateful for snow and magic (maybe that is the Harry Potter marathon talking) and love.  I am grateful for new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment