The Bradford's invited me to spend Christmas Eve (and the next few days) with them. They do Christmas a little differently: German Style. On Christmas eve they have this amazing German dinner... (that is Oma and Opa in the picture below. Opa teaches Arabic at BYU - he actually taught me several years ago. They have been here in Jordan this last semester with the BYU group. Crazy how life connects and reconnects you with others in unexpected and wonderful ways!)
The Nativity:
Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus
The shepherds watching their flock (of dewy) and the angels appearing to them.
The shepherds and their "sheep" coming to worship Baby Jesus.
The three wise women seeing and following the star to Jesus. Yes, it was all quite shocking for us.
After the nativity we opened presents and told stories and laughed and enjoyed just being together. It took hours and it was so wonderful. The Bradford's totally spoiled me and continued to make me feel like a part of their family.
After opening presents the girls and I had a sleepover by the Christmas Tree. It was the perfect ending of the perfect day. I am so grateful for Christmas time. I love the focus on the Savior. The music. The smells. The togetherness. It was really tough being so far away from my family. I will forever be grateful for the Bradford's willingness to allow me to be a part of their Christmas and their family.
No comments:
Post a Comment