Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Damage Assessment

After the power finally came back on, Dewy and I headed back to the Garrett's to discover just how much damage had been done.  It was cold and a lot of their electronics had been fried.  Thankfully, the heater in my room was working...it was the only one that survived the power surge.  I borrowed a space heater from next door which saved me and Dewy.  We spent pretty much two straight days huddled around it... I about melted my jeans and my shoes trying to get warm.   Beanies, scarves, and space heaters... these are a few of my favorite things.


Dewy was my shadow while the Garrett's were gone (as you can see he wouldn't leave my lap even with the threat of death by toasting).  And notice the swirly pattern on my sleeve?  It actually isn't my shirt.  Remember how I thought I was only going to be at the Bradford's for one day?  Well, when one turned into seven (thankfully, it was before day seven) Niki was kind enough to open her closet to me.  Yeup, that's real love man.

No comments:

Post a Comment