Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nut-Shelling

I struggle creating the "in a nut shell" version of most experiences.  I usually err of the side of too much information and endless tangents (this may explain why I am always so embarrassingly behind on my blog).  I want to get and stay caught up.  So here is my attempt at the net shell version of the last several months of my life.

February: Nana, Shari & Bob and Uncle John came to visit.  We don't get to see them
very often so it was quite a treat.  I love watching dad interact with his family. 
I love seeing where he gets his laugh and smile and gift for story telling (or story stretching). 


March: Outdoor entertainment with the kiddies.

 
Kendall was thrilled to see that his back yard was turned into a
dinosaur dig site/African watering hole.


March: Mom and dad came for a visit. Mom braved the tramp.
Dad read princess stories and played cars.  They never disappoint.





April: The girls had a fingernail painting party while the boys were off doing manly things.



My hand is the one on the bottom, the one with the brontosaurus ring finger. 
When all was said and done I think I had 6 layers of polish as did Melissa (hand to the left of mine).  Tay has a gift.  She is a trendsetter.  A forward thinker. 


April: Pool Party
 
Con & Tay were both so brave!






It's okay buddy.  I know how you feel. Take a deep breath and suck it in. 
Panicking only makes it worse.


April: Hunting for gems and precious jewels and the like.


April: Passing on the tradition of Princess Long Hair to the next generation...with a few twists.  You still had to step on the other person's sheet but we did it outside.  In public.  At the park.  We were the free entertainment that all the others kids wanted to be a part of while their parents couldn't decided whether to be humiliated for us or ask for a sheet to join in.  Princess Long Hair was created by Jenny, Melissa, Daniel and me when we were kids.  We played it in our socks on slick floors, usually when mom and dad were at the Temple.  We would laugh and run until our stomachs hurt.  That part was still the same.  But I feel like I used to be able to run a lot longer before I collapsed. 

Pppssssssssssssst...Hadley, your running the wrong way!








 
April: A stroll through the park.  Notice the temple in the background of Almost every shot. 
Can you tell we are just a little excited for it to be finished?
 






 
May: Mom and Dad came for another visit.  We are so spoiled and we loved every minute of it! 
(We were loving it so much that we didn't get a whole lot of pictures.)  We had a blast at the park!
 
 

 


Being around my sibling's kids makes me never want to have kids.  Not for the reasons you think.  I look at them and realize, there is no way my kids will ever be this adorable, funny and brilliant.  This whole aunt thing might just be a better option.  Can't wait to snuggle with Daniel & Meg's baby in making (she should be making her appearance in August!!!)

Well, there you have it.  Some of the highlights.


Shawn Spencer: "That, quite honestly, is some of the best nut-shelling I have ever heard."



No comments:

Post a Comment