The last month has been emotionally exhausting in so many
ways. My tank has been running on empty
and I was teetering on the edge of insanity.
Then superman flies past me and drops an invitation to a
party last Friday night. Did I contemplate trading it in
for some jammies and good book?
Yeup! But I am so glad I didn’t. Don’t
get me wrong. I treasure my own quiet
time but I NEEDED tonight.
I found myself in a Kuwaiti’s house surrounded by
Persians and Iraqis and it was awesome.
We ate food and talked as tea was passed around. Then the music came on and the lights flipped
off and something flipped inside of me too.
They all tried teaching me how to dance Persian style which I discovered,
is all in the wrists.
We laughed long and hard and at some point I lost it. One of the girls looked at me and said, “I think we are drunk.” Which only made us laugh harder because it was a room full of Muslims and a Mormon. This was one party that Alcohol wasn't invited to. But we were all buzzed. Buzzed on loud music and letting go and sharing a moment of Carefree Friday Night Bliss. No thoughts of tomorrow or Monday. Just living in a moment. Breathing it in and sweating it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment