Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Women's Conference

April: Mom, Jenny and I headed to Provo for an amazing weekend together. We went to the Women's Conference at BYU.  We attended several classes and were spiritually uplifted. We bonded.  We ate.  We shopped.  And we talked a lot about everything we had learned.  I am so grateful that I have a mom who goes out of her way to organize moments like these! 


We had some free time and decided to spend it at the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival.  It was beautiful and made me think a lot about the Netherlands.  It is always a breathtaking time of year when the tulips are in bloom there.  It made me really miss that part of the world but I was grateful I got to share this with my mom and Jenny.  It almost felt like we all took a mini trip there together.  As good as it gets for $10.00 per person.









Another amazing thing happened while we were at Thanksgiving Point - in the bathroom.  You read that right - the bathroom.  We were all washing our hands when all of a sudden Sister Beck appears at the counter washing her hands as well.  Mom was the bravest one and went up to her first.  She introduced Jenny and I and then we all had the chance to hug her and thank her for her service.  She was just released as the General Relief Society President and her talks have really influenced my life.  She is a powerful speaker and a powerful woman.  She is strong and innovative and spiritual.  Her words inspired me and millions of others.  I really look up to her so it was such a gift to be able to thank her in person.  She asked us all kinds of questions and was so sweet even though we interrupted her hand washing! You never know just who you will cross paths with or when or where. 

No comments:

Post a Comment