So to SUMMARIZE, the beginning was great. The ending...not so much. This post and the next few will UNSUMMARIZE our trip.
The (not so fair) Farewell.
Did I mention I forgot my phone and we had to turn around to get it a half hour into our trip? Not the best way to start a 50 million hour road trip.
Did I mention I forgot my phone and we had to turn around to get it a half hour into our trip? Not the best way to start a 50 million hour road trip.
Weather when we left:
But it cleared up Fast:
But then it rained again...
Some of Texas was Really Ugly:
But a lot of it was Really Pretty:
Here are a few "Unusual" Things we saw along the way:
Yeup, "Wizard Academy." Biggest regret of the trip: not following that sign. Scratch that. Biggest regret was Motel 6 in Dallas.
But seriously, what was really at the end of that creepy, foggy dirt road?
Chicken Fried In Diesel? Yes please.
I wonder where they were headed and what they were doing?
Is that a body lying in the backseat?
Is that a body lying in the backseat?
We pretty much lived and died by the GPS. We named her Martha. As in Martha Speaks...you know, like the cartoon about the dog named Martha that can talk? Sometimes, our Martha Speaked wrong. Not just with a bad accent or poor grammar. Sometimes, she had a bad sense of direction. Like telling us that things were on a different side of the street than they really were. And then we would both be staring on the opposite side of the road wondering if Martha was on drugs only to realize maybe we had become a little too dependent on Martha...like she was our drug. Which brings me to our Road Trip Mix. (If you were unable to follow that train of thought I will give you a hint: Your Love is My Drug by Kesha) No, that was not on our play list but this was:











No comments:
Post a Comment