Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Two Stars in the Lone Star State (part 100,000,000)

March/April: As I mentioned in Part 1 of this saga, the trip back was long.  Really Really Really REALLY LONG.  Jen was writhing in pain in the passenger seat and I was trying not to have a complete melt down behind the wheel.  You see, we'd been driving for pretty much two weeks straight.  I can't describe just how much I began to hate that seat.  I feel like a have the permanent imprint of a Mazda protege on my rear end.  Or maybe it has a permanent imprint of my rear end...

The last 45 minutes were the worst.  I started freaking out mildly. Okay I'll level with you.  On a freak out scale of 1-10 I was about a 9.7 But this song, set to repeat saved my sanity.  Without it, I just may have ended up at a mental institution in a straight jacket. 

I'm not a regular MJ listener but for some reason on this day, he spoke to me.  Maybe because I was in such a dark place.  Maybe because I was already halfway on the crazy train.  Maybe because I'm a sucker for black gospel music (the choir joins in at about 2:40 just in case you too are a fan).  I don't care what people say about your face Mr. Jackson.  I don't care that I may be mocked endlessly for listening to this song.  But this 5 minute mix of sounds very well could have saved us from a bitter, screeching, locked-up in a padded cell ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment