Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Coexist

Today was one of those days when 2 Seasons were briefly allowed to Coexist. 

I needed a good, long, hard run.  I laced up my shoes and exited to pound out some stress and leave it behind on the pavement.  I love how when you run you can organize your thoughts, get in the zone and just temporarily feel powerful and in control.  Thanks to some good music and a busy brain, I was able to go hard and fast. 


I had to smile at the crazy combination of opposites surrounding me.  The sun was out and beautiful but most people were in jackets.  The smell of freshly mowed grass was in the air but there were scratchy yellow leaves on the ground.  It felt like Fall but looked like Summer.  Not full on Fall, just its beginnings.  And Summer was putting up a fight (finally).


Summer and me do really well together.  I love how alive it makes you feel.  I love the intense colors and how happy everyone is.  It makes me think of BBQ's and popcicles, dragging main and lying under the stars.  But Fall has it's perks too.  I love how crisp the air feels and how you get to wear hoodies.  It makes me think of beanies and hot chocolate, football games and carving pumpkins.


Today, 2 Seasons collided.  It was nice to run through their wreckage while I ran away from a bit my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment