Sometimes (twice) I see sheep on my way to school and it always makes me smile. They stink and they are dirty but they are also funny and strangely cute. I think that it is the randomness of seeing them (in the middle of a large city eating grass on the handful of empty lots) more than the cuteness factor that makes my heart happy. There is no shortage of random here in Jordan.
Random isn't so bad. I am so
grateful for the opportunity to live in this wonderful, beautiful,
confusing, exciting country that is always full of surprises. I have
felt safe and welcome. Every country has it's own way of doing things
and seeing things. I love that I have been given this unique moment in
time to observe and be a part of those things here.
The ever present random factor keeps me on my toes during the day and keeps me awake at night in anxious anticipation (of the good sort) of what adventures the next day might hold.

Editors Note: Remember when people started using random a lot less randomly in the not so distant past? I feel like it is kind of overused now. A random thought, but I thought it worth randomly mentioning.
No comments:
Post a Comment