Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Buru 2

August: August was a month of decisions.  Remember how I sold the Buru?  I didn't make it back to the Netherlands like I thought (more to come on that later).  It took eight months for reality to hit.  It took eight months for the "maybe next month" responses to stop.  It took eight months. 

I knew that buying a car would be a symbol of the permanence of my being in the States.  It was the first step in letting go.  It wasn't the end of the feelings of disappointment but it was the beginning of a new future.  Here she is, the Buru 2.  The girl that will take me on my next adventures... wherever those may be.


Mom and Dad took a trip up to Salt Lake with me.  We spent the day being hounded by bloodthirsty salesmen until we pulled into the Subaru Dealership.  Lance Carmicheal  was my "sales consultant" and I love him.  First, he has an awesome name that made me think of Agent Carmicheal on the show Chuck (see video below).  And who doesn't love Chuck?  He is also the voice of Flynn Rider on Tangled.  Pretty much he's awesome.  Awesome enough that When he proposes to me I Will Say Yes.


Second, he gave me space and time...a lot of time.  I'm not sure how many hours we spent at the dealership.  Too many.  But at the end of the day it was worth it.  I've got my freedom back.  Let's cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment