Saturday, January 19, 2013

Grandpa & Adi

September:  How sweet are these pictures?  I love the relationship that grandpa has with all of us.  He is such an amazing man.  I have learned so much from him.  I am so grateful for his calming influence, his generosity, his character, his goodness.  I love his stories.  I love his view of the past, present and future.

Grandma suffered from Alzheimer's for years.  Grandpa was her primary caregiver.  She was able to stay at home until the end.  I watched in awe as his world revolved around her.  One day mom stopped by to visit.  Grandma was wearing a pair of shoes that were so shiny you never would have known just how old they were.  When mom asked Grandpa if he had shined her shoes he replied, "those are her favorite pair."  She was to the point that she didn't really know what was going on around her most of the time.  But grandpa treated her as if she did. This is the kind of man that I get to call grandpa.




No comments:

Post a Comment