If you don't know what movie this is from I will be greatly saddened and assume you had an incomplete childhood.
July: While Melissa and Kendall were in town we decided to go play wiffle ball at the park. Before officially starting the game, Kendall gave Connor a few pointers. He quickly became a pro. Did I mentioned Kendall played baseball all through school? Needless to say, it is in Connors blood. Lucky kid.
Did I mentioned dad played ball too...not that day, well, yes that day at the park but also through high school and some in college. I always loved to play catch with him growing up. I thought that softball would be fun in high school. I played my freshman year. ONLY my freshman year. After getting beaned one too many times I realized that I didn't love it after all. That is why I love wiffle ball. It doesn't hurt nearly as bad when it hits you between your shoulder blades or in your face (which is kind of funny when you think of it. Wiffle sounds much more painful than Soft. Alright I guess wiffle isn't really intimidating either. The word makes me think of a kid with a lisp). Give me volleyball. Give me football. Give me pretty much any ball except a softball. I still like a good catch with my dad. Mainly because I know he wont chuck it at my face. Bless my family for going to every single one of my looooong softball games.
Mom and Daniel covered the outfield while the kids hit. As you can see, they saw a lot of action back there. They really had to stay on their toes.
Truth be told, Hadley was the star outfielder. She was running around like crazy from ball to ball and had trouble hanging on to all of them. You know that seen on Cinderella when Gus tries holding one too many blocks of cheese...
Eventually the kids had enough with the game and found other forms of entertainment while the boys figured out who could hit the farthest.
That is a worm in case you were wondering.
Kens Glory Shot:
The Cheering Section:
Kendall won, hence Daniels speedy exit.

















No comments:
Post a Comment