October: Halloween is so much fun with kids around (just like any other holiday, kids make is so much better). It doesn't just last for one day - it lasts an entire month. The first thing on the October to-do list is to choose a costume. How do you expect a kid to pick their all time favorite character? I can't even do that. So you end up with five costumes, planning on returning four of them which never happens. (Melissa: The Target Horse CostumeS of 2010 come to mind.)
I love this picture. Normally, Taylor is the one cheesing it and Connor is the one out to lunch. Role reversal. Maybe it was all part of Halloween and being someone you aren't. Is this the right time to go off on a tangent about that? Na. I love dressing up as much as the next person. That is...unless the person next to me doesn't.
I love this picture. Normally, Taylor is the one cheesing it and Connor is the one out to lunch. Role reversal. Maybe it was all part of Halloween and being someone you aren't. Is this the right time to go off on a tangent about that? Na. I love dressing up as much as the next person. That is...unless the person next to me doesn't.
Connor was hands down The Cutest Captain America (or any other superhero for that matter) in his preschool. They sang songs, played games and ate a ton of junk. My kind of party. (Especially if you add in all the superheroes. Although, at my party I would like it if they were a few feet taller and a few years older.)
The church Halloween party was a blast. Trunk-or-treating, chili cook off, music, bonfire and cotton candy. It was the first time the kids had ever tasted it and it was a total hit.
Would you like a cookie with those sprinkles? The kids decorate sugar cookies with most holidays. They should open a bakery. I'm sensing the beginning of a family fortune. I want in.
Someday Taylor might not love that I posted this picture. She loves sweets as much as her auntie. Yes, those are tonsils that you are seeing. Sometimes don't you just wish that we were built like snakes so that we could dislocate our jaws while eating in order to stuff more in? No? Um....me neither.
And what would Halloween be without a pumpkin? Not Halloween, that's what. Some pumpkins were gutted and carved, others remained fully intact and were smothered in glitter.
After all of our Halloween prep we were all too tired to go trick-or-treating. The kids already had too much candy from all of their parties and they didn't realize that Halloween actually fell on October 31. It was a fun few weeks so it totally made up for the lack of door to door activities.






No comments:
Post a Comment