"There is eternal influence and power in motherhood." - Julie B. Beck
December: Mom and I were able to spend an entire week together in Salt Lake. Just me and her, her and I. Best. Trip. Ever. We shopped (A Lot), ate, went to concerts, the church history museum, the temple and the Nutcracker. Doing all of those things was a blast. But being together was priceless. We talked and laughed and cried. We shared amazing spiritual moments together. We shared chocolate cheese cake too. We talked about the past, present and future. We talked about hopes and failures and dreams and fears. I have always been really close to my mom but now I feel even closer. That week holds some wonderful memories.
"A mother-daughter relationship is where a daughter learns how to nurture by being nurtured. She is loved. She is taught and experiences first hand what it feels like to have someone care enough to correct her while continuing to encourage and believe in her at the same time." - M. Russell Ballard
"Please look to your faithful mothers for a pattern to follow. Learn from her strengths, her courage, and her faithfulness. Listen to her. No other person on earth loves you in the same way or is willing to sacrifice as much to encourage you and help you find happiness - in this life and forever."
- M. Russell Ballard.
My mom is my example. She is my strength. My listening ear. She knows what makes me feel better when I am sad. She lives a life of service. She is selfless and kind. She knows what I need. She tells me she loves me. She hugs me and when needed, she rocks me. She believes in me. She sacrifices for me. She is my #1 Cheerleader. She reminds me of those things that matter most.
"Mothers, teach your daughters the importance of making covenants, and then show them how to keep those covenants in such a way that they will desire to live worthy to go to the temple." - M. Russell Ballard
My mother is a covenant woman. She helps me to be one too.
"There is nothing in this world as personal, as nurturing, or as life changing as the influence of a righteous woman." - Elder M. Russell Ballard. "
My mom has influenced me in more ways than I can count. But always for the better. She is righteous and good. Heavenly Father knew that I needed her in my life, now and for forever. I love you mom!





No comments:
Post a Comment