Friday, April 11, 2014

There Is Sunshine In My Soul

The weather is changing.  You can feel it and hear it and see it and smell it.  I LOVE this time of year.  It feels like the last day of school before summer vacation FINALLY starts.  The sun shines brighter.  The birds sing louder.  You can't wait for all the picnics and swimming and camping and hiking and stargazing and barbeques and friends and family and pineapple and coconut oil and shorts and PURE FREEDOM.  General Conference is that Day Before Summer for me.  It fills me with massive amounts of hope and happiness.


Every six months we are blessed with an eagles eye view.  We are lifted above our current circumstances.  We are given a glimpse of The Beyond and into The More.  For 10 hours the fog breaks and I am reminded.  Reminded of what life is truly about.  Reminded of what matters most.  Reminded of my Godly Potential and how to achieve it.  Reminded of the Goodness of a loving Father in Heaven.

 

I learned so much.  I felt so much.  And my little heart is oh so FULL.  Full of Joy.  Full of anticipation.  Full of excitement.  Full of strength.  Full of love.  Full of HOPE.  And hope is a pretty remarkable thing.  

I kept on trying to define my feelings these last few days but struggled to capture it accurately.  Finally, it came to me in the words of a Hymn: "There is Sunshine in My Soul."  It is warm and bright and happy and excited and hopeful and pure LIGHT.  And I'm gonna bask in this sunshine baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment