They (I'm not really sure who they is/are but "they" seem to know everything about everything) say that everyone turns into their parents eventually (and I would also add, thankfully). I feel like that is happening to me more and more every day. And I must admit that I like it... most of the time. There are moments when I say something just the way mom does. There are moments when I use one of dads lines that is so "Dompier" it is ridiculous. I see it in the way that I butter my toast, eat my ice cream, put on my nylons and in about a million other little and big things. As I was packing up my things for the next few months I decided that I needed some boxes to store my stuff in. I headed to Ikea to find what I needed. I ended up with something that looked a little like this.
I blame it all on my dad. It is the running joke that he always gets an item one (or 12) sizes bigger than is absolutely necessary. Of course we all tease him for this and exaggerate it just a tad/ton. Let me give you an example in the following picture. He couldn't find a serrated kife to cut some bread. This is what he chose for the replacement. Yes, that is a saw in case you were wondering.
I saw this video clip on the movie Gnomeo & Juliet. If dad had his choice, I think that this would be his lawn mower. To put it in the words of the commercial: "Unnecessarily Powerful (a good definition of some of his toys/tools)."
Sander and Karina, I apologize that moving my boxes will require a crane. It is in the blood. It was inevitable. Blame it on my genes.
No comments:
Post a Comment