Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Great Desires Of Our Hearts

As a BYU Jerusalem student I had the opportunity to spend 10 days in Galilee.  It was my favorite part of the entire program.  We stayed at a resort in Ein Gev and it was amazing.  I got up early every morning and watched the sunrise.  I sat and pondered and prayed and journaled and Heavenly Father spoke to me.  Those early morning memories are so sacred to me and I have treasured them over the years. 

On our trip back to Israel I was thinking about Ein Gev and it worked out that we were able to go!  The Bradfords had to head back to Jordan so I booked myself a room.  We swam and played and relaxed for the majority of the day before they had to leave. 


After they left I had a picnic dinner, read and dozed and pondered.  But mainly, I thanked Heavenly Father for the opportunities He has given me in my life.  I thought about what a merciful being He is.  I was overwhelmed by it.  And finally asked, why did I get to come back here?  And I felt His answer, "because you wanted to."

I know we don't always get what we want.  But sometimes, the Lord sees fit to bestow upon us the great desires of our hearts.  And I relished every single moment of His gift to me.  It was a reminder of His great love and how well he knows us.

 

I watched as the sun changed the water into liquid gold.  And as the light blazed on my smiling cheeks, I felt some of it sneak in and alight my soul.  I had my scriptures open but my eyes kept drifting upwards, heavenwards.  And I was all alone.  But not really.  And that is the best kind of alone to be.

I headed to my room and found this view!


I had the whole room to myself and kind of loved it.  But not enough to miss the sunrise the next morning:

 

I spent half of the next day by the water and in hammocks and on green grass before I had to catch the bus back to Jerusalem.  It was 24 hours of quiet contemplation and communing.  We are loved.  So very, very loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment