So guess what? I moved to Jordan... the country next Israel (not an area by Salt Lake). I flew here less than a week ago. I am still a bit jet lagged but I had to capture a few thoughts before they disappeared in my foggy brain forever.
This all happened pretty quickly but also pretty smoothly. Revelation often comes line upon line, precept upon precept. Without going into too much detail I wanted to explain how I ended up on the other side of the world. I'll try to give the abbreviated version.
September:
Started feeling anxious and unsettled at work
Started looking into other job options
Had the thought (prompting) of going back to school
Started looking into schools
Felt like I needed to jump back into Arabic (AHHHH)
Looked into several Arabic programs
Found THE one (through the Spirit)
Went to the temple A LOT
October:
General Conference
Received confirmation CLEAR AS DAY that Jordan was right.
That the school was right. That the timing was right. That it would
all be alright. So I said Alright.
Sold my housing contract
Signed up for classes
Gave my two weeks notice to my boss
November:
Had my last day of work on November 1st. (Find work farewell blog post here.)
Found a place to stay in Amman
Spent a week with Melissa and her family
Time Out For Women with Mom, Jenny & Melissa
Spent a weekend with Jenny
Spent two weeks at home
Took a TESOL certification course
Hung out with friends
Played nonstop with family
Found out I was awarded a scholarship (MIRACLE!!!)
Had Thanksgiving on Wednesday
Flew out on Thanksgiving morning (28th)
Las Vegas - Los Angeles - Paris - Amman
It has been an amazing expereince so far. I am starting to doze off so I think I will write about all my new adventures these last few days in my next post. But before I go to bed I just have to say how grateful I am for:
Unbelievably supportive friends and family - thanks for ALWAYS being my cheerleaders!
Personal revelation - I KNOW that Heavenly Father has an individually tailored plan for each of his chilren. I am so thankful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost, temples and modern day Prophets, Seers and Revelators.
And for toilets that you can flush toilet paper down.
No comments:
Post a Comment