Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation Hangover

I LOVE vacations.  But I think it should be required by law that you get a vacation after your vacation before having to be thrown mericlessly back into real life.  There needs to be a transition period.  A coming to grips with what lies ahead while pondering the awesomeness that is now past period.  A time to recover from that somewhat pleasant, somewhat dread filled vacation hangover. 

And I was just that lucky.  After Jerusalem I headed to Amman for some recoveroy from my oh so stress free vacation.  I chilled with the Bradfords and they took me on this great hike right by the Dead Sea.




Hyrum was our guide and he freaking rocked it. 



Just ignore the nasty green slime in the pictures.  It is the same color of the slime that turned four little turtles into the Ninjas that we all know and love.  Unfortunately, we all came out of the hike without any new found world saving skills.  Fortunately, we didn't cross paths with Shredder either.

 

 

 


 

It amazes me that anything can grow in this part of the world. 



But grow it does...

 


I was especially proud of these guys:

 


 And this one, this one is my hero.  Grow little piece of grass.  You Grow.



This was our picnicking perch.  It will forever be known as Bat Poop Perch.  

Me: What is this black thing in my roll?

Tobias: I got rolls with olives in them....oh wait.  That's no olive.  (Yes, you sensed a Star Wars reference.)


This dragonfly brought about a million of his friends to the party.



The silt looked like cement and the girls loved it, its squishiness and what it did to the water.


I spy with my little eye two little Bradford heads...

 

There really is something beautiful about the desert.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment